logo_picture

Thursday 9 June 2016

Awareness friendship bracelets that give money to Spoonie charities

A couple of weeks ago I was experimenting making Macramé bracelets with tiny Tibetan silver spoon charms. I had an idea that as they were quite quick and easy to make I would make one in different awareness colours and with each order offer the option to make a donation to a charity. I linked options to donate to charities that raised awareness, funded research into treatments and cures or funded support groups for different chronic illnesses'. They're all available in my Etsy shop.

This one I made for chronic fatigue/ME. Blue also happens to be the awareness colour for Dysautonomia (common in people with EDS) and restless legs syndrome (common in many chronic illness'), Crohns disease and many others.
This particular one has sold and the kind buyer donated to the MS trust. Although purple is not typically the awareness colour of MS, other charities where also mentioned in the listing raising awareness for all Spoonies. Purple is typically for fibromyalgia, Chiari malformation, some Crohns charities use purple as well as blue, cystic fibrosis, lupus and many more.

 
Finally, Black and white is for EDS, rare diseases, primary immunodeficiency and a few others. I Haven't stopped yet and their are still plenty of chronic illness that need awareness. My next creation shall be a red one for Vascular EDS, HIV-AIDS, Marfan syndrome, Heart issues like congenital heart defect, congestive heart failure, long QT syndrome and blood disorders like Haemophilia.


If you feel like raising some awareness yourself or want to know more about awareness colours / ribbons You can find a handy chart of different awareness colours here:
http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/ribbons.php

Is there a chronic illness you would like me to raise awareness for or a charity you think could use some support? Just leave me a note in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How rude can you be! Do not use my blog and my work to promote your own. I'm not a free advertising source.

      Delete

Recent Posts

Popular Posts