logo_picture

Sunday 25 September 2016

Conscious Crafties

So this week I was fortunate enough to be accepted into Conscious Crafties.
The Chronic Comforts store has been set up, there's not much listed at the moment but its growing day by day. You can have a look here:
Conscious Crafties Is a lovely, friendly community of people with chronic illness' or people who care for those with Chronic Illness' to sell their crafts. It goes further than an online store. There's a supportive community where crafties can find support, advice and creative genius. It's all the brainchild of karen thomas a lovely lady and a spoonie  herself, here's what she has to say about why she founded Conscious Crafties:

How was the idea born?

Karen Thomas, Conscious Crafties Founder
Karen Thomas
Conscious Crafties Founder
Hi there, I'm Karen and after becoming sick in 2011 almost overnight, I found my way to various support networks. I noticed we all shared the same sense of loss, we'd lost friends (because not many stick around when you have to let people down at the last minute), some of us had lost jobs (due to being unreliable) and the biggest thing that hurt deep into my soul was the overwhelming loss of purpose, we all felt useless. I desperately wanted to make that better. So in 2011 the idea was born to create a community for everyone to showcase their talents in one place and give people a way of creating their own businesses. It was also a way for me to feel useful again, by using my skills to help others. Conscious Crafties is about empowering us all to be successful, tell our stories and meet new like minded friends who understand our struggles. I'm also hoping it plays a key part in changing the way Disabled and Sick people are viewed by the world. We can still contribute and are incredibly talented!!

 

Sam De La Querra, Gastroparesis and POTS warrior
My Beautiful Friend Sam
Conscious Crafties has been built in honour of Sam, my beautiful friend I met through sickness and our love of crafts. Her strong fight with Gastroparesis and POTS sadly ended in Oct 14. Heartbroken, I knew then, after years of thinking about it, the idea for us all to sell our crafts and skills within a supportive community needed to be launched, so it could help people NOW and give them hope for the future.
Karen has been so patient with me and has supported me to open my Conscious Crafties shop. The whole site has tidbits of advice at every stage and well thought out timesaving features all designed to save you some energy. Ive only been set up 3 days and im already making friends.
Once you list a product the "techy magic" on the site posts it on social media to get your products seen by a wider audience.
I've been amazed at the wide range of skills and talents there are, from artists to wood burners every kind of art and craft is welcomed. You can apply to become a Conscious Craftie here
Or buy something from a talented disabled person or carer here.
As usual any questions or comments just let me know below....
As always thanks for reading,
Laura :)

1 comment:

  1. Laura: I am a Spoonie, and was a moderator on the BYDLS forums on assisting folks get disability insurances for which they qualify. I do this all for free, and have been able to assist over 5,000 WORLDWIDE. Please let me know how I can assist folks through this forum.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Popular Posts